- Registered Name: Persatuan Penyakit Motor Neuron Malaysia (MND Malaysia) [Certificate No.: PPM-009-14-24032014]
- Organisation Type: Non-Profit Organisation registered with The Department of Registration of Societies Malaysia (Jabatan Pendaftaran Pertubuhan Malaysia or JPPM)
- Established Since: 2014
- Collaborating Hospital: University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) MND Clinic. Learn more about how we help.
- Registered Member: International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations—a global network of MND associations that are united in the fight against MND.
MND Malaysia is the only Non-Profit Organisation in Malaysia that supports the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) community. The organisation was established to serve as a platform for MND—a platform that goes beyond bringing awareness to the community of people with MND and informing the public about MND. Learn more about how we use our platform to help.
Registered in 2014 as Persatuan Penyakit Motor Neuron Malaysia, MND Malaysia collaborates with University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) to provide a one-stop MND Clinic that diagnoses & monitors disease progression for people with MND.
The organisation was formed by an esteemed group of medical professionals who are pioneers in their respective fields of Neurology, Palliative Care, and Neurorehabilitation. Learn more about the team.
To realise a world without MND. What is MND?
To raise awareness of MND, introduce multidisciplinary care to the MND community, and empower the lives of people with MND through compassionate care.
Our C.A.R.E. Values
Compassion & Commitment. To be compassionate with our commitment.
Attitude & Aspire. To lead with an attitude that aspires to challenges.
Respect & Respond. To respect each other with our response.
Excel & Excellence. To excel with excellence in our duties.
MND Malaysia is operated by a team of volunteers that also includes our Board Committee.
MND Malaysia Board of Committee (2023 – 2025)
The management team consists of 100% volunteers. The team handles management & operational tasks such as:
- Handling administrative work.
- Managing logistics and maintenance of palliative care equipment.
- Scheduling home visits.
- Planning events & activities planning such as fund-raising, MND awareness forum campaign, publicity request & promotional event.
- Organising outdoor activities for people with MND to interact with others.
Conducting training for new volunteers and advanced training for existing volunteers. Want to volunteer?