Last updated on 30 July 2020.
We collect information:
When you give it to us directly
- Contact Us: When you contact us through the contact information provided on our contact pages on the website for any reason, we will collect the information you voluntarily provide to us.
- Registration: When you submit your registration and application through our forms available on the websites to join our program or request for our services, with the information you provided to us with your consent.
When you use our websites
We may automatically collect the following information with regard to each of your visits to the website:
- Technical information: including the Operating System (OS) and platform, browser type and version
- Details of your visits: to the website, including but not limited to every ‘HTTP Query’ your browser client sent to our third-party service provider web hosting platform’s server(s); the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. This information does not identify you
Like most websites, our Website places “cookies” – a small text file – in the browser of your computer. Cookies help us to make the site work as you expect it to and collect information about how you use our website and analyze the website’s traffic.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our sites. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our sites.
We may use the information provided by you for various purposes:
- to Provide, maintain, personalize, and improve our sites
- to Supply you with information, news, events, and services related to the Organization
- to Facilitate your participation in events and programs that we and our partners host or provide and interaction with other participants in such events and programs
- to Combine or link with information we get from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with a better service
- to Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected
- to Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- to Request feedback and to contact you about your use of the sites
- to Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service
- to Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you
- to Inform you about our upcoming events and activities related to the organizations mission
- to Solicit volunteers, donations, and support for MND Malaysia
- to Include information about you, with your consent, in a directory of all of our program participants
- to Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our sites
(Third-Party Service Providers)
We may share your personal information data with the following categories of third parties:
- we use encryption and security protocols (SSL – Secure Socket Layer) when processing financial transactions that are processed through a third-party Payment Gateway Service Provider.
- We use social buttons provided by services like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter to offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button. These social buttons let you share actions you take on our sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with a platform that provides the social sharing feature. Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third-party services’ privacy policies.
- We use Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimization) to collect general traffic, site usage and length of stay information of those who visit the website; to help the organization to improve the functionality of our website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own set of cookies to track visitor interactions, which are used to store information such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the website. Google Analytics customers are obliged to notify users of their use of analytics software. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. You can also install the Google Analytics opt-out add-on in your browser, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits.
Notification of Changes